I’ll admit that I do have an addiction when it comes to buying makeup. I have more than enough makeup but, I can always find a reason to buy more. It’s funny because if you were to see me on an average day there is a 98% chance I am not wearing makeup, yet I always need the latest products or have to have what my favorite beauty gurus talk about. In the past few months, I have definitely taken it down a notch when it comes to spending on makeup, but I can confidently blame more than half my makeup purchases on YouTube. I crave watching monthly favorites videos at the end of each month and makeup hauls and begin to fill my shopping cart before the videos are even over. The “YouTube Made Me Buy It” tag has been going around the YouTube world for a while now and I decided to make it into a blog tag for today. Feel free to do the tag yourself! I’m not going to go through every product that YouTubers have influenced me to buy over the years because we would be here forever so I’ve picked my top 7.
1. Becca Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop: Clearly I blame my purchase of Champagne Pop and the Champagne Collection to its creator, YouTuber Jaclyn Hill. Jaclyn wore this highlight in her videos before she even announced she was working on it and it always looked amazing and so flattering. I honestly ordered it once it was released and still an obsessed with it. Same goes for the Champagne Collection Face Palette which I actually got in a secret sale on the Sephora App, perks of following Jaclyn on Snapchat.
2. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: Thanking Tori Sterling and Jasmine Hand for this one (also thanking them for convincing me to buy a product that isn’t so hard on my wallet). For some reason, I am very hesitant when it comes to drugstore face products but after hearing Tori and Jasmine talk about this forever I decided to finally buy it (and I bought it in 3 shades because you can’t test colors of drugstore makeup, ugh). Honestly, this is a dupe of the Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer and considering how fast I go through concealer I’m so happy I found it.
3. Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder: I think the entire YouTube beauty community is to blame for this one. It’s perfect for setting baking and most importantly it doesn’t leave flashback!!
4. Nivea Men’s Sensitive Post Shave Balm: I think NikkieTutorials was the first beauty guru to use this as a primer so this purchase is her fault. If you’ve never heard of this before it probably sounds weird to be a girl using this on your face before makeup but I swear it really works. Using this as a primer really makes my makeup last long.
5. Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation: This is my go-to foundation for myself and my client’s thanks to Meghan Rienks and Casey Holmes. This foundation has such a buildable coverage but never feels heavy on the skin which I love. And even though it says “hydrating” in the name it still works great for oily skin (both Meghan and Casey have oily skin!) so it’s really versatile to use on clients and on my own combination skin.
6. Charlotte Tilbury Air Brush Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder: Well that’s the longest name ever. I’ve heard many beauty gurus talk about this powder for a while now but for some reason, I was so hesitant to get it until Jaclyn Hill started talking about it then I was immediately sold. Charlotte Tilbury is a makeup genius and this powder is amazing. I swear it makes my face a smooth as a baby’s butt and look perfect.
7. Morphe Brushes: Another purchase thanks to Jaclyn Hill. I have tons of makeup brushes from MAC, Real Techniques, Sigma, Morphe and some other random brands. Jaclyn posted a video on her favorite Morphe brushes and I kid you not I went through the video made a list and bought about 95% of the brushes she mentioned in the video. Morphe brushes are great quality for a decent price and Jaclyn has a discount code that you can use also. I actually just went to the Morphe store in Burbank, California over my spring break and it was heavenly. You can watch Jaclyn’s video here.
Let me know some of the products YouTube has made you buy in the comments below!
Talk to you Sunday,
p.s. Jaclyn Hill I’ll be sending you my credit card bill!!